- Ann Patchett – Truth and Beauty – Nonfiction about friendship of two writers.
- Marisha Pessi – Special Topics in Calamity Physics – Novel about travels with literary allusions and clever writing.
- Sarah Waters – The Night Watch – Novel told backwards 1947-1941 covering WW II in Britain
- Doris Lessing – Early work
- Liam Callanan – novelist suggested by Maryellen
- Edith Wharton bio – suggested by Barbara
- Gertrude Bell – The Desert and the Sown – Travel writings of a “female Lawrence of Arabia”
- Rubenstein – Stalin’s Children (I’m unable to find it on Amazon) – nonfiction / history
We’re thinking of selecting from among the above list. If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please comment!